What do your ___ eggs look like?

AWickedChicken

In the Brooder
Sep 20, 2016
Hi guys, my hens have just started laying this week and I'm having a hard time matching up which eggs belong to which breed of hen. I have a Silkie Bantam hen, two different colored Sebright Bantam hens, one Rhode Island Red hen, and seven Isa Browns.. as of right now we're getting two small off white eggs which I think might belong to the Sebrights, one small round brown egg (not sure if it's my Silkie hen or maybe my Rhode Island Red?) and every other day we've been getting a single large light brown egg... I've got pictures of the eggs and different sizes, do any of you guys get eggs like these and know which hen they came from? Pictures would be much appreciated too!

Are those smaller eggs dirty? My guess on those would be the silkie. I don't think your seabrights are laying yet, their eggs will be smaller. The dark brown eggs are probably from a RIR or your Isa. Smaller eggs tend to be darker. Most hens lay a smaller egg at the beginning and they slowly enlarge and lighten in color a bit.

Back
Top Bottom