What does it look like when a goose is stung by a bee?

I would imagine the most likely area around the face which would show as localised swelling which subsides over a 24 hour period. the bird itself is likely to look a little 'off colour' with the discomfort.

Quote:
Thank you. Swelling has subsided a little as of last night but not nearly as much as I thought it would have. I've looked her over and cannot find anything else wrong with her. Who knew looking inside a goose' mouth would be such an adventure. LOL! I am thankful that she is acting and eating and drinking normally. I will continue to watch her, poor thing I feel bad for her....she looks like she got back from seeing the dentist and has a cheek full of cotton.

If it doesnt go down over 24-48 hours then it may be an abcess which would show as swelling and the skin may slightly inflammed. In this case I would advise a visit to a Vetinarian and antibitoic treatment.

Hope that helps and good luck.

Last edited:
Thank you. Swelling has subsided a little as of last night but not nearly as much as I thought it would have. I've looked her over and cannot find anything else wrong with her. Who knew looking inside a goose' mouth would be such an adventure. LOL! I am thankful that she is acting and eating and drinking normally. I will continue to watch her, poor thing I feel bad for her....she looks like she got back fe rom seeing the dentist and has a cheek full of cotton.

I hope your goose feels better!

Thank you Bhonkers!

Thank you Pete!

Update as of late last night.........swelling still has not subsided nearly enough...very little infact. To make matters worse we do not have a Vet. that treats poultry or waterfowl so getting her in to see a doc is not going to happen. None of the feedstores have anything antiobiotic wise, that says it is safe for using on waterfowl.
The effected area is not hot to the touch, nor does she act differently if I touch it. It is not affecting her eating, drinking or playing in the pool or sprinkler (they all love the sprinkler...hilarious) and it definitely doesn't slow her down from eating her most favorite goodie, watermelon. LOL! She is a spoiled goofball.

I have looked in her mouth several times a day and see nothing on the inside...no odors, no wounds.......weird.

Does it look like this?

My gosling was shipped to me with this injury this past May. It is an abscess from being pecked in the face by another gosling that then got infected. I had to take her straight to my vet upon arrival for surgery to lance open wound and drain the pus.

Pink, one of my geese got stung by a red wasp about a month ago. It stung her close to her eye. Her eye looked as if she were poked and some white foamy stuff was showing. Her face and jaw was swollen just on that side. Thankfully the next morning her eye looked normal but still had some swelling which went down that day.

I hope your goose recovers soon.
hugs.gif

Thank you Utah and Summer!

Utah, yes, her bump looked almost identical to this and in the same place also. I am happy to report that as of last night the bump was less than half the size it was yesterday morning. Phew!!!!! Haven't checked on her yet this morning but will be getting a good look at her when I take them their morning treats of seasonal watermelon. DH eats WM like it is going out of style and shares with the geese, he even prepares it for them. Each morning after he has had his late night WM snack, I wake to find a ziplock baggie in the door of the fridge marked with sharpie "Geesies," perfectly cut up bite sizes. Wonder what he is going to for them when watermelons are out of season? :lol:

Anyway....thank you all for you kind words and well wishes for her and also your advise. You all ROCK!!!!!!!!!

Pink... I am happy to hear your goose is doing better. That is very sweet your dh thinks about your goosies to prepare them wm. I tried giving mine wm ... They did not like it! Will try again next summer. Let's us know what treat they like for fall and winter.

Back
Top Bottom