what does this mean?

BFAL

Chirping
Mar 18, 2021
i've been noticing that when i take out a button quail egg from the incubator it feels warm but when i pick up the other one it feels kind of cold i wouldn't really call it cold tho (they have been incubated for 21 days) is there a reason for this?

21 days is too long of an incubation period for button's. 16 to 18 days is the norm.
Do you have calibrated, separate independent thermometers in the bator? You can't go by 'feel', you need to know the exact temperature and humidity that the eggs are being incubated.

Shot in the dark here, but late in the stage the chicks in the egg generate some heat themselves. Could it be that the warm one is further ahead in development (or that the cold one has died?)?

21 days is too long of an incubation period for button's. 16 to 18 days is the norm.
Do you have calibrated, separate independent thermometers in the bator? You can't go by 'feel', you need to know the exact temperature and humidity that the eggs are being incubated.

I've had king quail eggs hatch around day 22-23 before, though it was under a broody hen.

Back
Top Bottom