What drake would fit in best?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by BorderKelpie, Jul 5, 2011.

1. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Songster

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    I have three ducks. One is a BEI that is always broody, one WH - mostly white with silvery smudging, and one penquin - y looking Ancona.

What breed of drake would you choose for that mixture? I doubt iI would raise very many babies, but I would love to let Cuddy hatch a few of her own and I like the idea of them having a 'guardian' drake to make the family (harem) complete.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011

2. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Songster

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    Is Cuddy the broody one? If so then I would get another BEI so you would have purebreds. Your other ducks might just go broody after there nests get so full or when they feel like it. I guess you should just pick which breed you like the best and get a drake in that breed.

3. animalpro24

animalpro24 Songster

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    What does BEI stand for? Any breed that you already have would work.

4. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Songster

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    Quote:black east indie. If it were me I would get a BEI drake or any other bantam sized drake you find pretty. Any other size drake might be too big for your BEI female

5. animalpro24

animalpro24 Songster

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    Quote:black east indie. If it were me I would get a BEI drake or any other bantam sized drake you find pretty. Any other size drake might be too big for your BEI female

Thanks! [​IMG]

6. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Songster

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    Thanks everyone! I was sorta leaning toward BEI, I hope I can find one somewhere.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by