What duck breed?

maybe! are stores known to sell hybrid ducks? got them at rural king
Golden 300 is a hybrid breed that is sold by companies. It is the only hybrid that I am aware of that is commercially sold. They are all first generation of the hybrid. The first generation can be sexed by color, but all following generations cannot be.

I'm back almost two month later! They're both pretty much fully feathered now, and I'd like to see if anyone has a clue? The male is behind the female, and his chest is a much darker brown than hers. :lol:
IMG_20210510_145539457~2.jpg

I'm back almost two month later! They're both pretty much fully feathered now, and I'd like to see if anyone has a clue? The male is behind the female, and his chest is a much darker brown than hers. :lol:
View attachment 2663326
Wow! They're beautiful! They have what looks like a saddle on their bills, an eyestripe, but the color is rlly messing with me😂
I've never seen a grayish brown rouen and now that I look at the baby pics they kinda look mallard because sometimes mallard ducklings have a teeny tiny bit of a second eyestripe (very partial). How big are they? It would make a big difference in breed ID.

Quote from Cackle Hatchery about Golden 300 hybrid ducks: As adults, the females range in color from a very light brown to a very dark brown, often with areas of white on them. Males can appear much like a Rouen, or a dull looking Cayuga or with white and dark markings.
As some suggested these may be hybrids (golden 300) and that could be why they don't have color consistent with either rouen or mallard.

They may very well be golden 300 ducks, but I've never found a photo that I could compare them to. They're a bit bigger than the same age mallards I have, but not by much. They're not fully grown yet, but they're a bit smaller than the leghorn hens I have.
It's okay if I never figure out their breed, they're only pets so I'm not too concerned about breeding or egg laying abilities. Thank you guys for helping! ❤️

They may very well be golden 300 ducks, but I've never found a photo that I could compare them to. They're a bit bigger than the same age mallards I have, but not by much. They're not fully grown yet, but they're a bit smaller than the leghorn hens I have.
It's okay if I never figure out their breed, they're only pets so I'm not too concerned about breeding or egg laying abilities. Thank you guys for helping! ❤️
Yeah hybrids vary a lot in their looks, maybe someone with the golden 300 will comment and tell ya for sure what you have. Beautiful duck though!

hi! first time duck owner.
so I got four ducks from our local farm store. two mallard/rouen and two unknown.
they look like the other ducklings but instead of black and yellow, they are grey and yellow with light colored feet. i've looked everywhere and cant find a similar looking duckling besides maybe moscovy. the store marked them as assorted. thoughts?
She could be a light colored rouen or a rouen mix.
This is my light rouen girl

Attachments

• PXL_20210322_230035980.jpg
    PXL_20210322_230035980.jpg
    731.7 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom