1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What Duckling could this be?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Mystic Vampyre, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Mystic Vampyre

Mystic Vampyre Out Of The Brooder

The other week we rescued a duckling from a man who found her/him on the road. Looked like she could only be a few days old. There was notices put up but no one came forward. There was no pond/river/stream close by.
    So we have been raising the little cutie and is eating & growing well.
    Any idea what breed it could be?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  2. Mystic Vampyre

You think shes a Swan?

3. Buck Oakes

Buck Oakes Chillin' With My Peeps

She's not a swan, she's def a domestic duck, Muscovies come in many colors and patterns but the baby also looks like an AppleYard

4. Buck Oakes

Plus cygnets ( baby swans) aren't yellow, they're silver grey with black bills and black feet and are way bigger than she is

5. Mystic Vampyre

Okies l was abit confused about the link?
    I noticed she waddles more and her legs seem to be more on the side of her body than under like the Pekins l have.
    All l come up with is Muscovy also.
    Shes very playful little fat thing (lol) and is always grabbing my clothes and pulling and shaking them lol. But l wont let her/him do it too much as l dont want her to be a viscious lil thing when shes big!

6. Buck Oakes

oh i understand, but just btw ducks that do that when they're older aren't doing it aggressively, they dont mean to hurt you they just dont understand

7. Mystic Vampyre

Thank you thats good to know. And lm assuming they would only want to hurt you if they feel threatend or similar?
    I cant wait till she grows to see what she will be! :)

8. Buck Oakes

Most ducks usually don't attack when threatened they run away, it's if they feel really in danger they turn to fight

9. Mystic Vampyre

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by