WHAT EGG IS THIS!?

I don't know the dimensions but I know it's twice the size of a chicken egg, I heard that Geese only lay in March and May so I might not be a goose egg, hoping its a turkey egg. We'll just have to find out

I don't know the dimensions but I know it's twice the size of a chicken egg, I heard that Geese only lay in March and May so I might not be a goose egg, hoping its a turkey egg. We'll just have to find out
Geese and ducks are both seasonal. They have not been selectively bred to lay year 'round like chickens. At least none of the ones I had ever did. A goose egg is about 3+ inches long-ways, and has a very thick shell. I did have turkeys once for a short while but I don't remember their eggs being very large, at best about half the size of a goose egg, which surprised me, considering the relative size of the birds. Posting another photo along with something else to give scale (like a chicken egg) would help

Silly question, but where/how did you come across a lone egg?

Last edited:
I'll post a photo soon of the turkey or goose egg next to a chicken egg but I candled it last night and saw a embryo

smile.png
Here ya go.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/454159/how-big-are-turkey-eggs#post_5733715

Back
Top Bottom