What flea treatment can I use on my ferret?

Quote:
I switched to advantage too.. it still works okay... not as good as it used to though..
I want to try that comfortis though... maybe i'll call my vet..
What about that revolution stuff??

I have never owned a ferret, (fostered one but never owned one) but with the rats we had, the going treatment for lice, mites and fleas was Revolution for kittens/cats. It was based on their weight I believe!

Try going to GooseMoose forum and asking them. They know ALOT more about ferrets, and small animals on that forum than my poor brain could ever absorb! lol

I have a 4 year old ferret named Scottie that has become infested with fleas. We had a wet spring and summer, and the dogs and cats got them, and now Scottie has them too. I want to treat him with a topical solution. I've been spraying him with cedar spray and dusting him and his cage with DE, but he needs something more. He's getting sores, and I want the stupid fleas GONE! I had been told once that I could use Bio Spot, but I can't seem to find it online at PetCo or Drs Foster and Smith. Anyone know what I can use on him? And is there anything I can use in his cage to keep him from getting reinfested again?

I've read your posts miss chicken , and I just wanted to weigh In on what I know and that is HARTZ , AND BIOSPOT OR any other grocery store flea treatment is potentially dangerous and down right the worst thing you can buy for your animal!!!! Secondly FRONTLINE SUCKS!!!!! I once spent hundreds of dollars at the vets buying two rounds of treatment for my 4 cats before i realized it is the most ineffective flea treatment on the market , not to mention the flea has to literally bite to die .....why would anyone want that type of flea treatment even if it was effective? The whole idea behind buying this type of product is to keep our loved furry friends from being bit in the first place, it's the whole reason we buy it!!!! We dont want them being bit by fleas period!! The worst most ineffective flea medicine in the world and vets all over the country are charging us an arm and a leg for this crap!! The only 2 products I've found to be effective in cats is Advantage 2 and comfortis, and I go back and forth using the 2 products! Comfortis is the only one I have been using for my dogs since it's been on the market! Right now I'm trying to find out if i can use comfortis on a ferret? I currently buy the largest dog dose available, give my dog half ( according to her weight) the other half I mix with water and orally dose to my two cats! My vet had once given me the conversion to show me how to get more bang for my buck , but when you add water to comfortis you have to use it with in a certain amount of hours because the water activates the ingredients. Comfortis is a safe flea treatment and I trust it! And very effective!!

Back
Top Bottom