What foods can change the taste eggs? IS it possible?

tonyrader

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 27, 2012
What foods can change the taste eggs. Has any one tried to change the taste of eggs? like sweeter with a higher sugar diet? If it is fruits or something differant? I have been around reading for quite a while you can see that by my join date. so I know that color can be changed so why not taste? I have heard that diet of the bird changes colesteral (spelling). and I have heard that several time on the news, but that may still not be true?

It is possible... the only ones I know of are onions and garlic will leech into the flavour of eggs. And as for sweetness, my mother in law would give her chickens some of her horses feed that was grains mixes with molasses. She said it made the eggs taste divine.

"Sweet feed" with molasses in it really isn't sweet. But it does have some great minerals and iron in it, maybe that's it.

I have heard of garlic and onion as well. I have always wanted to feed them garlic to give it a try, because that sounds like an interesting flavor to me.

I've heard that flaxseed, if you give them more than a really small amount, will make the eggs taste fishy as well.

Back
Top Bottom