What gender are my five 2 month old Plymouth Rock x chicks?

I'll post individual pics in a minute, this is them a billion times bigger than when I last got sent pics of them! All of the stripey ones have blackish legs and tiny combs, the white ones have bigger combs...
Are they 2 months old in this picture? I"m not seeing anything saying rooster at this point....

I hope I have at least one pic of each chick here... thanks for reading!

This is the biggest white.

This is the biggest stripey one and nicknamed Hawk.

This is the tallest stripey one.

Blackish feet.

This is the smallest stripey one, nicknamed pigeon!!!

And this is the little white one that had it's face covered in the group pic.

Where does time go?

The two white birds do seem to have slightly larger combs and thicker legs, but nowhere near the comb a 2 month old cockerel should have. I want your hatching mojo
big_smile.png

I'm curious, what were the parents? Was the barred Rock the rooster, and who were the hens? Were they your ISA browns? It's interesting to see how their mixed genetics passed along to the chicks.

The two white birds do seem to have slightly larger combs and thicker legs, but nowhere near the comb a 2 month old cockerel should have. I want your hatching mojo
big_smile.png

I'm curious, what were the parents? Was the barred Rock the rooster, and who were the hens? Were they your ISA browns? It's interesting to see how their mixed genetics passed along to the chicks.
Haha, we were lucky with our all-girl lambs too! & yes, their dad's a barred rock and their mum's an isa brown.

I hope I have at least one pic of each chick here... thanks for reading! This is the biggest white. This is the biggest stripey one and nicknamed Hawk. [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] This is the tallest stripey one. Blackish feet. This is the smallest stripey one, nicknamed pigeon!!! And this is the little white one that had it's face covered in the group pic. Where does time go?
All girls except the white ones

Are you sure? In all the pics I've seen of Plymouth Rock hens, they all have blackish beaks, where in this recent pic of mine two have yellow beaks/legs and lighter coloured heads than the other one...

The BR's look like pullets and the white cockerels. Good luck.

And the colour of their feet/beak doesn't really matter? Thanks for commenting, I really hope you're right!
Do you know what age roosters should be separated from their mum and sisters? Don't wanna do it too soon cause they're a pretty tight unit.

Back
Top Bottom