What Gender are these two birds?

hmschicken

Hatching
Jun 25, 2015
Ontario
[/IMG]

Looking for some help identifying the gender of the two chickens pictured. They are 2 of 3 Ameracaunas I got as day olds nine weeks ago (couldn't get a picture of the third). I'm pretty confident the black one is a rooster. He is larger then the other two and has a red comb where the grey one (as well as the one not pictured) don't have much of a comb yet.

welcome-byc.gif

The black bird is a rooster, the red leakage on the wings is a giveaway. I can't see the comb on the blue bird enough to tell, can you get a better pic?

:welcome

The black bird is a rooster, the red leakage on the wings is a giveaway. I can't see the comb on the blue bird enough to tell, can you get a better pic?

I don't know if these are any better, but it doesn't seem to have much of a comb. It's also more of a pink then a red.

The black one is definitely a cockerel. It's still not a really good close up pic of the comb, but based on what I can see of it, it looks to me like the blue bird has a single row of peas in its comb, so I'm thinking pullet on that one.

Back
Top Bottom