• female

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

coolguymike27

Hatching
6 Years
May 11, 2013
First time chicken farmer

All i really know about chickens i have read online or the guy in the store told me.

Just wondering if some people in the community with more knowledge than me could help me out with Gender, and breed of this chicken.

I bought the chicken from a well known farm store that said they were all sexed at 90% hens.

The chicken is approximately 6-7 weeks old. The chickens name is EGGO and is by far my favorite so im hoping for a hen, I wont be able to keep a roo.

thanks for the help

mike

. All i really know about chickens i have read online or the guy in the store told me.

Just wondering if some people in the community with more knowledge than me could help me out with Gender, and breed of this chicken.

I bought the chicken from a well known farm store that said they were all sexed at 90% hens.

The chicken is approximately 6-7 weeks old.

thanks for the help

mike

Looks like my barred rock female color wise how the comb/wattle is WAY redder and bigger then my rooster barred rock (same age frame)

Last edited:
the comb and waddle are actually quite a bit lighter than they showed up in the pictures, more of a lighter pink than a dark red.

I have a couple 11 week old barred rock pullets and they have smaller and lighter combs and waddles... which makes me think Eggo is a he. Good luck!

If it is a barred rock I have read that barred females are black with white dots instead of stripes, and roosters have more white and more strips as babies. I also have read the dark wash on the front of the legs means female. I say it's a barred rock, and u probably have a hen... The red comb/wattle is throwing me off although like stated before the breed tends to have bright red combs in both sex

Back
Top Bottom