What Gender is this 4 month old Silkie? also Variety?

vpeterson

Songster
11 Years
May 2, 2009
Forest Lake, Minnesota
I am guessing that this is a pullet but I am not sure. I did trim it up around the eyes so it could see.

30032_dsci1857.jpg

30032_dsci1858.jpg

30032_dsci1859.jpg

30032_dsci1864.jpg

30032_dsci1869.jpg

30032_dsci1870.jpg

I am not sure what you would call this variety. It came from a splash hen and a blue rooster. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Everything says pullet to me except the wings. I have read time and time again that only boys can have deep red like that in their wings.
hmm.png

ETA: Going with my gut. This one is a girl IMO. Lets see what others have to say.

Last edited:
looks like new streamers are coming in the back of the head, also more red is coming in. So I say boy, but it could be the crest filling in...However it just over all looks like a young boy to me.

Can't help with color/variety. it is not a recognized or named variety, I think its called Duo-splash in Europe where its a splash bird with a second color marking in usually red.

Last edited:
Pullet. At this age, it should be showing some wattles and comb. The color is not spot on for any recognized variety, so the color on the wing really doesn't apply here. She is pretty though.

Back
Top Bottom