What Gender? What Breed?

The reds look like sex links not hatchery stock Rhode Island Reds. Same quality layer, just saying it's not RIR.

The other is likely hatchery Barred Plymouth Rock. From the photo it looks as though the legs are white, but I assume that's the photo. If in reality there is no yellow on legs at all and are white then it's a Cuckoo Marans. When she starts laying they would be dark brown eggs but I believe it's Rock.

The reds look like sex links not hatchery stock Rhode Island Reds. Same quality layer, just saying it's not RIR.

The other is likely hatchery Barred Plymouth Rock. From the photo it looks as though the legs are white, but I assume that's the photo. If in reality there is no yellow on legs at all and are white then it's a Cuckoo Marans. When she starts laying they would be dark brown eggs but I believe it's Rock.
I agree.

It's the photo, legs are a pale yellow. We got the two reds from TSC last year, then a friend gave us the Rock. I'll have to post pics of the eggs up, we get 2 different sized eggs, one large dark brown and one small pale egg.

The pale smaller (Med to Large) egg is from the Barred Rock. Larger (Extra Large to Jumbo) darker egg from the red sex link.

Back
Top Bottom