What got my Chickens

Megablaze518

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 30, 2011
I don't now what it is but it will leave the head in the pin but takes the rest of the Chicken. It already got 2 of the Hens.

Can someone please tell me what it is Thanks

Can't tell you what it is, just advise to check your run for openings, possibly place a game camera, lock them up until you figure out the culprit and start trapping. We bought a new live trap, which was a little pricey, but have since seen several traps at flea markets and garage sales. We try to be proactive against predators. We place our live trap every weekend. We've trapped raccoons, possums and skunks. We've been so fortunate using this technique. So far, we seem to be catching them before they have a chance to get our birds. You can also find game cameras on sale at various stores. i.e. Bass Pro, Cabela's and best buy. The game cam has been an excellent purchase for us. My husband bought it for hunting but we use it all the time, just to see what's going on. We've even used it in the house to check up on our cats. So, I haven't helped in figuring out what is getting your birds, but I hope I've helped in giving some advice on 'catching' this mean predator.

Back
Top Bottom