What happened here?

bangarain

Songster
8 Years
Mar 23, 2015
Vermont
This is purely due to curiosity and educational purposes! I started with 7 eggs. 2 were early quitters, one quit around day 10, and this one around day 14. I was fairly certain it was gone, because half the egg looked to have a ‘bubble’ in it, but kept it in another two days to be sure.

What is that bubble? Do we think the reason it quit was because the egg was so porous?

Attachments

• E8AF1B96-FE48-488F-B87F-04B4F8F38C03.jpeg
    E8AF1B96-FE48-488F-B87F-04B4F8F38C03.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 6
Were they shipped?
Yes, but I rested them for 24 hours, didn't start turning until day 3, and this air pocket wasn't visible until day 14! I had one saddled air cell in the bunch, but none that were detached when I candled at day 6. It's hard to tell from the video, but the egg did have the air cell - or an air cell - in the proper place.

Yes, but I rested them for 24 hours, didn't start turning until day 3, and this air pocket wasn't visible until day 14! I had one saddled air cell in the bunch, but none that were detached when I candled at day 6.
Hmm, I'm not sure, I don't think it would have developed so quickly from a porus issue.

Yikes. I'm glad I decided to candle and pull it when I did - I was going to wait until tomorrow, but I had a bad feeling! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom