What Happened?

hikerchick

Songster
10 Years
Apr 6, 2009
Dover, PA
I got my chickens in April. Typically I have been getting 4-5 eggs a day for the past month or so. Today I found 16 eggs. Should I expect this to continue? If so, I need to find a place to sell them, quick.

Last edited:
I got about 6 pullets in April. I have added more since then - up to around 25. But I didn't think the second batch- which came between May and July - were ready to lay yet. Guess I was wrong.

gig.gif

Sounds like you will be having lots and lots of eggs...
big_smile.png

Don't sell them, feed the extra eggs back to them as scrambled, boiled, etc. There will be dry times when you'll be glad you have them, when half are molting and not laying, some may be broody and not laying. I have 29 in the laying flock and I'm getting 8 eggs a day right now due to their molts, some being older, some internal laying issues, etc.

farrier! :

gig.gif

Sounds like you will be having lots and lots of eggs...
big_smile.png

HOORAY!!

We are vegetarians so eggs are our main protein. So nice to be able to harvest from my own yard.​

Quote:
I found them in the same place I get them every day. Unless the chickens carried them around.

gig.gif
gig.gif
What a picture.......
lau.gif
It sounds like your newbies started laying....You can always sell/give a few to friends/neighbors/coworkers etc. I'm sure you can 'get rid' of eggs easily....The lady I got my eggs from until last week has trouble to meet demand. Her eggs are so popular now....and it all started with a sign in the lounge at work. Once people tried her eggs they became aware of the difference to store bought eggs.......
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom