What happens when the screen door slams...

CityGirlintheCountry

Green Eggs and Hamlet
12 Years
Jul 7, 2007
Middle TN
Apparently at my house that is the International Chicken Signal for Treats.
2983_beggers-_img_1676.jpg

When they hear me come out the door they all come running. These three are the greediest pig chickens of all! Silly chickens!

Mine all come stampeding down through the yard towards us. It's hilarious.

Problem is, we have a 10 lb. gravity feeder for our dog right inside the back door, and if the door doesn't latch, those chickens can down 5 lbs. of food in minutes.

You know they post sentries and the sentry's only job is to keep a look out for the food bringers?

Em

I went out once today to wander back to the compost heap and heard this thunder of little feet. I looked around and the entire herd of chickens were sprinting to catch up with me. I'm not sure what they thought was going to happen back there. They had already spent all morning scratching through the heap (which is primarily coop shavings anyway). But all 9 big girls, one huge rooster and two barn cats came sprinting along.

I always want to whistle "Chariots of Fire" when I see them coming.
big_smile.png

I thought I was the only one!

Mine are in their run and when I round the side of the garage with something in my hands and they beat a line to the corner of the run and then it's elbows and blank-blanks as they rush the walk through door to see what Mum has brought them... Crazy Chickens!

Then it is the same reaction even when I don't have anything for them, but they sit at my feet with looks on their faces plotting on me to see what part of my clothing they can peck off... Buttons are their favorites to get back at me for not bring them a treat... Crazy Chickens!

I do love my Chickens!

Back
Top Bottom