What have I done

Daft duck

Chirping
Jun 19, 2019
I am keeping three naughty call ducks and 2 mandarin ducks , given to me as we had ponds here , I must say they have bought a huge amount of fun and are the biggest time wasters I’ve encountered.
My mandarins have produced to chicks today and are still sitting on another 3 eggs , HELP , What am I needed to do

I was as two eggs were thrown out as well , I looked like a boiled egg , the other chick not formed properly, both outside of hutch broken , so did wonder if remaining eggs would hatch
Have you candled the remaining eggs at night to see what's going on inside them?

Have you candled the remaining eggs at night to see what's going on inside them?
No , I’ve been too worried I’d upset mom and dad . Is it best to do this , as I was going to move the family once all the eggs had hatched to a much bigger hutch , what Should I see on candling them , and should I do anything to wings yet .
Sorry for all the questions, but only had ducks for 2 years and these are the first eggs the mandarins have had , unlike the call ducks that lay everyday .

No , I’ve been too worried I’d upset mom and dad . Is it best to do this , as I was going to move the family once all the eggs had hatched to a much bigger hutch , what Should I see on candling them , and should I do anything to wings yet .
Sorry for all the questions, but only had ducks for 2 years and these are the first eggs the mandarins have had , unlike the call ducks that lay everyday .
I'd just leave them alone if I were you.
If they're going to hatch the hatch if not then they won't.

But...If you really want to know something...you could take an egg or two into a dark room and shine a flashlight into it to see if you can tell if there's a duck moving in there.

Do you know how long they've been sitting on the eggs or even if they were all laid at the same time?

The more that I think about it I would probably just leave them alone.

I'd just leave them alone if I were you.
If they're going to hatch the hatch if not then they won't.

But...If you really want to know something...you could take an egg or two into a dark room and shine a flashlight into it to see if you can tell if there's a duck moving in there.

Do you know how long they've been sitting on the eggs or even if they were all laid at the same time?

The more that I think about it I would probably just leave them alone.
They laid the eggs over three weeks and have been sitting on them for around 28 days , but really difficult to know as the laying process was so strung out .
Many thanks for your help , I’ll try and find the oriental part of the forum .
There is so little published on them

Back
Top Bottom