What have you been reading?

Pics

Artichoke Lover

Free Ranging
Jul 27, 2020
Southeast US
Come share and what books you you have been reading lately!

Lately I’ve finished A Tale of Two Cities, The Scarlet Letter, Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter), and Fantastic Beasts and Where Too Find Them.

I’m currently reading Dear Evan Hansen(Novel), Dracula (Bram Stoker), and The Maze Runner.

I’m about to start The Silmarillion. I’ve heard that is pretty dense so I don’t know if I’ll manage get all the way through it though.

Great thread, I always need book recommendations. My daughter just read Dear Evan Hansen and LOVED The Maze Runner.

Right now I just read Spells Trouble by P.C. Cast and will be starting Deep and Dark and Dangerous (A ghost story)--it was in the Juv section but I needed an easy read going into this fall/harvest time. On my list after the current read is The Chicken Sisters.

Great thread, I always need book recommendations. My daughter just read Dear Evan Hansen and LOVED The Maze Runner.

Right now I just read Spells Trouble by P.C. Cast and will be starting Deep and Dark and Dangerous (A ghost story)--it was in the Juv section but I needed an easy read going into this fall/harvest time. On my list after the current read is The Chicken Sisters.
It’s certainly the time of year for a nice spooky story. I have learned my lesson about reading Dracula right before I fall asleep though:gig

I also added Deep, Dark and Dangerous to my to read list on Libby. Thanks for the recommendation!

Have finished Dracula, Dear Evan Hansen, and The Maze Runner. I enjoyed Dracula a lot. It was a more exciting read than most classics ive read. Maze Runner was good. I wasn’t thrilled with Dear Evan Hasen though. It felt like all the characters were constantly making the worst possible choices and yet none of them ever faced any real consequences.

Ive started The Scorch Trials which is the sequel to Maze Runner, 1984, and The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Finished the Scorch Trials, 1984, and The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Currently reading The Silmarillion by J.R.R Tolkien, Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen, Deep Dark and Dangerous by Mary Downing Hahn and Keeper of the Night by Kimberly Willis Holt.

I guess I should also explain the I usually have at least 3 books going at a time because they are in different formats. I usually have a physical book which I read during down usually right before bed, an audiobook which I listen to while caring for the chickens and other chores around the house and an ebook for situations such as waiting in a long line at the store, etc...

Finished the Scorch Trials, 1984, and The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Currently reading The Silmarillion by J.R.R Tolkien, Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen, Deep Dark and Dangerous by Mary Downing Hahn and Keeper of the Night by Kimberly Willis Holt.

I guess I should also explain the I usually have at least 3 books going at a time because they are in different formats. I usually have a physical book which I read during down usually right before bed, an audiobook which I listen to while caring for the chickens and other chores around the house and an ebook for situations such as waiting in a long line at the store, etc...
Have you ever read any of Emily Bronte's books? I enjoyed Wuthering Heights.

Back
Top Bottom