What have you been reading?

Come share and what books you you have been reading lately!

Lately I’ve finished A Tale of Two Cities, The Scarlet Letter, Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter), and Fantastic Beasts and Where Too Find Them.

I’m currently reading Dear Evan Hansen(Novel), Dracula (Bram Stoker), and The Maze Runner.

I’m about to start The Silmarillion. I’ve heard that is pretty dense so I don’t know if I’ll manage get all the way through it though.
The Silmarillion is my all time favorite book. If you are a LOTR fan, you will love it.

I'm currently not reading any novels, just a book on building greenhouses.

Just finished the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan, and after finishing such a massive series I'm a little lost as to what to go with next.
That was a big shift for me, as I have always preferred classics, but I really enjoyed it.
Thinking of rereading a favorite until something jumps out at me.
If you like Wheel of Time, you might like Honor Harrington series by David Weber

The Silmarillion is my all time favorite book. If you are a LOTR fan, you will love it.

I'm currently not reading any novels, just a book on building greenhouses.
I really enjoyed the Silmarillion. I plan on rereading it and LOTR one day. Maybe next summer if I’m not too busy with work.
@Artichoke Lover have you read Carmilla? It predates Dracula and was a major influence for Stoker.
Nope! Haven’t even heard of it to be honest. Dracula was my introduction to horror books. I’ll have to see if my library has it when I go next week.

Excellent! I've read about 8 of the main books and two of the gazette books. This was a reread of the first one. First, they are very well written. Second, I learned a LOT about European history and a lot of other things - even better, it was as part of the story. Biggest beef is finding the books in the library because only a few were written by Eric Flint. I like to find a series together. It has more novelty than many series in how the different books are focused on divergent locations/characters/themes rather being based on chronology. It works well.

Excellent! I've read about 8 of the main books and two of the gazette books. This was a reread of the first one. First, they are very well written. Second, I learned a LOT about European history and a lot of other things - even better, it was as part of the story. Biggest beef is finding the books in the library because only a few were written by Eric Flint. I like to find a series together. It has more novelty than many series in how the different books are focused on divergent locations/characters/themes rather being based on chronology. It works well.
I've been on the look out for a good divergent history novel (series is even better!) but had no idea where to start.

I'll check out David Weber too. Usually only read high fantasy once in a blue moon, but I'm a sucker for anything that is truly well written.

Not sure what I’ve remembered to post about or not but this week I finished: Keeper of the Night by Kimberly Willis Holt, Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, The Death Cure James Dashner, and Deep Dark and Dangerous.

Started: The Kill Order by James Dashner, The Pearl by John Steinbeck, and The Light in Hidden Places by Sharon Cameron.

Not sure what I’ve remembered to post about or not but this week I finished: Keeper of the Night by Kimberly Willis Holt, Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, The Death Cure James Dashner, and Deep Dark and Dangerous.

Started: The Kill Order by James Dashner, The Pearl by John Steinbeck, and The Light in Hidden Places by Sharon Cameron.
The rate you're going through books is amazing. How long have you read at this pace?

Back
Top Bottom