What have you been reading?

Pics
I'm not a novel reader. I read tutorials on my interests and hobbies: gardening, glass art, chickens... 😁 Sometimes I'll read up on topics that offer insights and suggestions for my grandson's needs.

Occasionally, I read inspirationals. I like history, current events and the like. My most recent book is called "Pfizer Documents Analysis Reports". It's more of a compilation/reference book of information I've gleened over the last couple years. I have several books in the current events thread.

Where stories are concerned - I enjoy movies, more. But, favorite movies do often play over in my head ~ especially when I hear the soundtracks. I'm big on soundtracks.

Currently reading with some friends, "The Now Prophecies" by Bill Salus.

the now.PNG

Just finished reading with a friend, "How Money Works; Stop Being A Sucker" by Tom Matthews and Steve Siebold

how money works.PNG

Always on deck and open, the Word of God

bible.PNG

If you have never read the James Herriot books, do yourself a favor and start.

What a sweet series. So heartwarming, side-splitting funny, interesting and full of great characters.

James.PNG

He wrote more books, but these are his first. I read them as a teenager and have picked them up many times since.

"James Herriot (1916–1995) was the pen name of James Alfred “Alf” Wight, an English veterinarian whose tales of veterinary practice and country life have delighted generations. Many of Herriot’s works—including All Creatures Great and Small, All Things Bright and Beautiful, All Things Wise and Wonderful, The Lord God Made Them All, and Every Living Thing—became international bestsellers and have been adapted for film and television.

Herriot’s stories rely on numerous autobiographical elements taken from his life in northern England’s Yorkshire County, and they depict a simple, rustic world deeply in touch with the cycles of nature."

If you have never read the James Herriot books, do yourself a favor and start.

What a sweet series. So heartwarming, side-splitting funny, interesting and full of great characters.

View attachment 3504825

He wrote more books, but these are his first. I read them as a teenager and have picked them up many times since.

"James Herriot (1916–1995) was the pen name of James Alfred “Alf” Wight, an English veterinarian whose tales of veterinary practice and country life have delighted generations. Many of Herriot’s works—including All Creatures Great and Small, All Things Bright and Beautiful, All Things Wise and Wonderful, The Lord God Made Them All, and Every Living Thing—became international bestsellers and have been adapted for film and television.

Herriot’s stories rely on numerous autobiographical elements taken from his life in northern England’s Yorkshire County, and they depict a simple, rustic world deeply in touch with the cycles of nature."
I first read All Creatures Great and Small as a teenager, about the time the movie came out (mid 1970s). All the books in the series are good reads but I love the first one the best.

I read a lot and read all different genres of books but currently am reading The London Seance Society by Sarah Penner. It is a light read but entertaining. Finished her first novel The Lost Apothecary and thought it was good...

Back
Top Bottom