What homesteaders/ farmers do u all watch on YouTube?

I watch:
- Appalachian Homestead
- Arms Family Homestead
- Art and Bri
- Justin Rhodes
- Roots and Refuge Farm
- Elliot Homestead
- Cog Hill Family Farm
- Becky’s Homestead
- Just a few acres farm
- Weed Em and Reap
- Jill Weinger Homestead
Who do u all watch? These are who I watch and there all amazing people.
i like all of those but weed em and reep is my fave

I watch:
- Appalachian Homestead
- Arms Family Homestead
- Art and Bri
- Justin Rhodes
- Roots and Refuge Farm
- Elliot Homestead
- Cog Hill Family Farm
- Becky’s Homestead
- Just a few acres farm
- Weed Em and Reap
- Jill Weinger Homestead
Who do u all watch? These are who I watch and there all amazing people.
I watch “gridlessness”, very funny guy with incredible kids...!

I've watched some of many mentioned. Very few keep me coming back regularly, honestly...it seems like there are a lot more "youtubers who farm" than "farmers who youtube" these days.

I do enjoy Edible Acres. He really inspired me to up my chicken composting game. I like that he's not got a lot of fancy equipment, doesn't have a lot of land, but does a lot with what he does have. He also makes no claims to be an expert on everything....many of his videos are about trial and error, evolving things over time as he learns, and in some cases just outright "yeah, that didn't work". He does a lot with perennial permaculture that I admit isn't entirely "my thing", but his chicken and compost videos I really enjoy.

I sometimes watch:

Arms Family Homestead
Becky's Homestead

Channels I dislike:

Keeping It Dutch - reason - The titles are clickbait most of the time and he waits till the end of each video to get to the point. Every time he either talks about something completely off topic first, or we have to "come along" and watch him do chores first. B O R I N G.

White House On The Hill - reason - just like the people above said, they are cruel to their animals and the kids have no respect for them. They are wild.

Joel Salatin
Yes. He’s not a Youtuber (but you can find him all over YouTube) or a homesteader per say...he’s a farmer. But he does it right, he does it for real, and he makes a living at it.

I’d imagine most of the other folks mentioned in this thread would consider him an inspiration and/or a mentor.

Goldshaw Farm, mostly.

Morgan is funny and approaches everything from a beginner's point of view, which is what we are. We have only had chickens and ducks less than a year.

White House on the Hill

My kid loves to watch White House on the Hill.

Becky's Homestead has a lot of ad placement. I thought I was learning something from her once, but in the comments to the videos I have watched were several people saying she was absolutely wrong about the advice she was giving. So I am not sure.

I watch Gold Shaw Farm when I want to watch a beginner figuring things out(and I'm in the mood for a touch of humor).

I watch Weed 'Em and Reap when I want to admire a practical, awesome animal setup.

I watch White House On The Hill when I want to dream of the homestead I could have one day(although I don't agree with some things that they do).

Back
Top Bottom