1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WHAT I LOVE ABOUT BYC!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, Aug 31, 2008.

1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    [​IMG]

I have noticed over the last ten years a phenomena that concerns me. When I was a youngun we all watched the same few channels and read the same few newspapers. Big media controlled most of the news and this was not necessarily a good thing.

Along came the Wild Wild West internet and everything changed.....

Suddenly we could get news from all over the place and all kinds of people! Some of it was junk but hey it was different from MSM.

But, now I see that people have fallen into the trap [​IMG]

You can choose your newspaper feed based on your interests and likes, you can choose your TV channels based on the same criteria, radio and internet all can be chosen. If you plan it right, you may NEVER have to hear any point of view that differs from your own!! [​IMG]

I genuinely think this is part of what is aggravating the "divide" issue as people become convinced that "everyone" thinks as they do, and are shocked when they discover that they don't! [​IMG]

So when DH says, "You're addicted to chickens!"

I say, "No I am addicted to the forum!!!" There are people here from all over the place, with every different perspective you can think of!!! Yet, for the most part the crowd remains respectful, and the omnipresent moderators do an excellent job of balancing free speech with civility!

I may be shocked at people's opinions and offended or even aggravated! But, at least I am hearing them! And I couldn't be happier!!

KUDOS TO BYC [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

BYC is a unique community. I know not everyone agrees with me on things, and even perhaps most do not, but we still help each other with our chicken issues, among others. I have lifelong friends from across the country that I may never meet in person, but still feel I can count on for support. I'm glad you are having a great time here with the BYC family.

3. ronniega1

ronniega1 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2008
    vidalia ga
    they have all the information one would ever need on poultry...and other things i think it is an amazing site so glad i found it.[​IMG]:love

4. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Differing opinions and viewpoints make you think.

Thats a good thing.

5. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    For information on chickens you can't beat this forum. Instead of going to a chicken book with my questions I come right here and post it and get so many good answers.
    Jacie

6. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    I totally agree!!!

7. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    i too love BYC...i may never meet my friends from here but heck....y'all are like a big extended family to me and i just....wanna...... say.....YOU GUYS ARE GREAT AND I LOVE YA!!!!!

8. mistylady

mistylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Ohio near Coshocton
    I love it here! There are lots of bright and wonderful people that will discuss all kinds of neat and cool things! The chicken info and help is the best!!!! And all of us ..... we all love our babies! Be they furry or feathered we love them all! My husband thought I was insane when I turned my little flock of feathered people into companions but since I showed him that this forum is here and there are lots of people just like me ... he thinks I'm just normal odd and not obsessed! [​IMG] I have him fooled! (Evil laugh)

Thank you everyone!

9. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    It's nice to know that there are people from all over that share the same love of chickens (and other critters) as I do. The access to info (especially in an emergency) is unbeatable. I couldn't google what I get here!!! And don't forget the support!!! I think that's what keeps me coming back.

10. FloridaChickenChick

FloridaChickenChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    I love the different personalities. I love the different perspectives. I love the people who are even crazier about their birds than I am, and I love the people who think people who are crazy about their birds are a little...um...crazy.

This place is great fun, a terrific source of information and reassurance, and a wonderful opportunity to learn.

But even in the middle of this lovefest, BYC is not perfect...just as close to perfect as I've seen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by