What i need for chicks

Yes, thank you!
Do you know what temperature it always has to be? And do you recommend any brands or will anything do? Also, by chick starter do you mean like those starter packs or do you mean chick starter like feed?

I mean chick starter feed. You will need grit, I recommend the temperature being 95 when you first get them. Then turn it down 5 degrees every week. I also recommend medicated feed, its the same price as non medicated and it prevents coccidiosis. Which is a common disease in chickens.

Hope this helps!!

Keep them warm and dry but make their area big enough so that you have a heat lamp at one end and if they need to they can go to the other end to cool off.

If you are only feeding chick starter, the grit can wait. But once you add treats, the grit will help them digest it. Also, having a cool spot in the brooder is just as important as heat, they will need to be able to regulate their bodies between the two zones to prevent over heating. So stay away from those 250w bulbs, they are too strong for a small chick operation.

Back
Top Bottom