What in the world is going on???

TherryChicken

Crowing
7 Years
Sep 16, 2012
del valle, tx
My Dominique chicken and my mom's Delaware chicken (gilrs) are beating up my Silkie girl! Mine will go after her like to roos fight, my mom's will chase her under the coop, bite her head and not let go, and just keep her in a corner and beat her up.. Why is this? I went in to remove my silkie girl and give her her own are because the other girls won't let her eat, drink, or give her ANY peace!!! When i went to take her out, my mom's Delaware went and started pecking me several times. Also my Dominique (cricket) and my mom's Delaware (junebug) hasn't reached that maturity let alone has even started laying eggs and my dominique (cricket) is laying on the eggs that I put out there for the silkie. Which the silkie is the one who has already begun to lay.. I'm so confused, WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY GIRLS????

Many people find that bantams, particularly Silkies, do not coexist well with large fowl breeds like your other two. It's natural for chickens to establish their pecking order, so being about the same size is an advantage for them. Since they're flock animals, your Silkie would probably do best living separately and with another Silkie.

Poor Thing!
hide.gif
I would buy another silkie or two and have them in a seperate pen.
smile.png

Poor Thing!
hide.gif
I would buy another silkie or two and have them in a seperate pen.
smile.png
Yeah, I'm looking for another silkie for her. Uhm The weird thing is my other hens went broody without even old enough to lay an egg (close and should lay any time, but they havn't layed yet but they are sitting on the eggs I had put in there for the silkie, does this lower their chance of laying eggs?

Back
Top Bottom