What in the world is she doing?

BigRednRock

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 23, 2010
my cornish hen Lil Bit does this everyday. all my hens have worked hard on diggin up this tree stump
55225_chickens_030.jpg

55225_chickens_032.jpg

i have a dark cornish .. she is 5 weeks old...i got the best video of her doing the exact same thing just yesterday...dirt bath...she was loving it

Last edited:
I love to watch my hens take dirt baths! They weem happy. My little girls- about 11 weeks old- like to bathe in the shavings. The other day, after the big girls left the coop (it's big with a sandy dirt floor that they love to dig in), the little girls quickly hopped into the indentation that was left. It was so funny to see all 4 of them attempting a dirt bath. When I first started putting grit in their cage, they liked to play it it too. Silly birds!
love.gif

Yep she is bathing.When I used to have all the bird's I did before We had a fence line of pothole's Especialy under tree area's.Now I only have a couple of hole's and I have grass inside my yard this time Weeee
ya.gif
.Some of flighty one's get over but they really haven't bothered much yet.DH has been debating letting the layer's out to free range day.They have a run but it is picked clean of grass now.If they would stay up there would be ok.But I know they will find thier way to house yard my plant's my grass and my 2 bantam coop's down here.I'll take them some grass TY.

Back
Top Bottom