What in the WORLD?? (pic heavy) UPDATE: Frizzle?! WOW!!

ItsAZOO32

Songster
9 Years
Mar 6, 2011
Titusville, Fl.
Hey everyone! I have 24 chicks that are now a week old. These were all "mixed" or "mutts" and can be almost anything. I have 2-3 that are blondish but their feathers are looking kind of curly. Plus, I'm noticing their cheeks are getting very frilled almost. What are these guys??

If you know any of these other breeds (or gender) it would be a huge help too!

Thanks!

Jessica

These 4 are all the same curly/puffy faced chick

81805_img_2021.jpg

81805_img_2022.jpg

81805_img_2023.jpg

81805_img_2024.jpg

81805_img_2032.jpg

81805_img_2033.jpg

81805_img_2037.jpg

81805_img_2038.jpg

81805_img_2044.jpg

81805_img_2045.jpg

My two oddballs.. EE's? green legs, 5 toes..

81805_img_2049.jpg

ALSO.. I have lots of these guys.. yellow/white with a few random black patches/spots

81805_img_2050.jpg

Last edited:
Curled feathers are probably frizzles
wink.png
big_smile.png

And the yellow chicks with random black spots could be California Whites.

Last edited:
The puffy cheeks almost look like an EE trait. Are the legs a real orange or do they have a green tint to them. I think a frizzled EE would be kind of cool. The four toes and clean ligs are kind of throwing me off a little bit. And what color is the skin of your chicks with the green legs? They have 5 toes which could mean they have some silkie in them.

Last edited:
The white ones with curled feathers are frizzles and the next set I think have EE in them. The color of the legs is what makes me think that.
Those 3 with the "chipmunk stripes" maybe phoenix mix. Thats what mine loked similar to. Except the legs had a green and blue hue. Depending on the sex anyway. Thats how mine turned out. I don't have them anymore though.

Last edited:
Quote:
Why thank you!! My iPhone 3 believe it or not. In natural light.. on my toilet with my daughters robe as a back drop.
tongue.png

I was thinking frizzles too! I seem a few of the yellowish ones that have a green tint to their legs but the ones with the ruffled feathers are orange.

The two at the bottom have green legs and 5 toes. The white with black spots has spotted skin, some pink, some grey/black. I sure hope I have some girlies there because I would hate to have to give up such pretty birds!
smile.png

I am not very good at figuring out what breeds chicks are from the chick pic. If it were me, I would go to Mcmurray's website and look at the different breed they have (they have chick pics with each breed). That being said....
love.gif
They are soooo cute!!

Last edited:
Hahaha, hope your daughter was in on the picture taking also. That was a great background to show off the chicks color and feathers. Great job!

Back
Top Bottom