What Incubator is best for Quail?

That is what I got a chicken egg runner for my bator and got my quail eggs in there might need a little to or something though to hold them in it though

I got the farm innovations incubator 4200 with turner and fan. I put 40 eggs in there and on day 17 35 hatched they just hatched this past tuesday its my first time ever using a incubator i hatched coturnix

Hi, I hatched some quail in a Styrofoam Incubator that I got at TSC. I had about 2.4% hatch rate. I did everything I could to keep the temperature at 99.5 and humidity at 55-60%. I need a new incubator! Do ya'll have any suggestions? I was looking in to Brinsea. Thanks.
Texas Outdoor,
Funny you should ask this question. If 20 members reply to this post, you may possibly get 15 different types of incubators that are "best" for hatching quail.

Just to note: when you are incubating eggs, having the humidity at 55 - 60% is too high. Initially you would want it in the 40% range, and boost it to somewhere around 60% at lock down.

As for me, I have a Farm Innovator 4200 that I picked up from Tractor Supply Company. I purchased a set of quail rails from Fleming Outdoors for under $20. And only because I know you're going to ask, the Little Giant quail rails and Farm Innovator quail rails are interchangeable.
James

Texas Outdoor,
Funny you should ask this question. If 20 members reply to this post, you may possibly get 15 different types of incubators that are "best" for hatching quail.

Just to note: when you are incubating eggs, having the humidity at 55 - 60% is too high. Initially you would want it in the 40% range, and boost it to somewhere around 60% at lock down.

As for me, I have a Farm Innovator 4200 that I picked up from Tractor Supply Company. I purchased a set of quail rails from Fleming Outdoors for under $20. And only because I know you're going to ask, the Little Giant quail rails and Farm Innovator quail rails are interchangeable.
James
Thank you so much for all of your info . It is a BIG help!
bow.gif

I used the rails that came with mine i guess its chicken egg rails. The little coturnix eggs fit small end down in them perfectly.

Yeah I never bought the quail rails either.... Always meant to, still may....They would be nice. But I hatch more chukar eggs than quail these days and I dont think they would fit in the quail rails. The chicken rails will hold 42, and the hole in the bottom of each egg cell cradles any egg Iv ever tried perfectly. For those wanting to mass produce quail I can sure see the benefit of switching them out. Do the larger cot eggs, like 15 -16 gram, fit the quail rails ok? I run into problems with egg cartons being too small for the nice cots as well. I miss the pulp 30 egg cartons, but Robby has since had some clear ones made that fit perfectly....

Back
Top Bottom