What incubator should i buy?????

jwheeler

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 9, 2013
Muskeogn,MI USA
I know there are other threads about this but i need something right to the point...I can spend 200 on an incubator and thats it i looked into the brinsea 20 eco manual turner but have heard good things about the hovabater 1588. i plan on using it to hatch from my own birds but also through the mail and if anyone has a great used one i might be able to take it off your hands...please help

Might need a little more info before people can give more accurate help!

Firstly,
welcome-byc.gif

Where are you located, if you were looking at buying from a member, you would probably want to be n the same state, or country.

Your budget seems like a reasonable amount. You could get a full auto small unit for that price quite easily, or something a little more up market without as many options.

I guess it comes down to your requirements.

How many eggs would you be looking at setting?
How often would you be setting?
Have you considered your budget to include a brooder set up or is that something you already have?

When we started out we bought a second hand Hovabator from the paper, then built a DIY unit. If your handy with tool you could build a very nice 'bator for that budget. Alternatively, if you just want a small scale, you could get a little 24 or 36 egg machine from eBay to test the waters.

As I said, depends what you want it to do and how long to last for and how many eggs at a time.

I live in michigan, i have a brooder, I would like to set about 20-25 eggs at the most but not everytime, and about 5-8 times a year max

For what you are looking for the hova 1588 is perfect. It regulates its own heat and is preset from the factory, this is big, plenty of trouble can come trying to keep the heat at a good safe level. If you do get it get one with an egg turner, then you only have to add water to keep the humidity up. Almost a set it and forget it for eggs
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom