what incubator's have you all used and what worked best?

chicks and hens2

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 28, 2011
Hi All,
My DH and I are thinking about incubating some turkey eggs for the first time. What's the best incubator for a mid range price for say 20 to 30 eggs that any of you have used. Pro's/con's of each one, best hatch rate without a lot of temp fluctuations, accesories that you feels are more of a "must" than a "would like to have".
If someone were to build one what would it need to have in it to make it an incubator? Reason I am asking that is because I saw someone's post from 2012 that they build cabinet incubator's and we have a wood cabinet that was suppose to become a smoker but it never became functional, it's built but needs a better heat source etc. to be a smoker.
Any tips and information is much appreciated.

Kind of hard to research if I don't know what the basic's of incubating.
I've been spending a lot of time reading the posts on BYC about hatching, incubating and brooding and at times it seems like a lot of work, but other posts make it sound so easy.
Thanks for the input!

Don't buy a rcom or suro unless where you purchase it will give you a guarantee in writing and you trust them to uphold it. The manfacturer will not uphold their guarantee, you can't get parts for them and they cost too much to be disposable. I have had both and aside from that they are great.

Back
Top Bottom