What is a "Feathered Kookamaran"? ANy photos of that or "Polish Crested Bantam"?

fiddleblue

Songster
10 Years
Jul 19, 2009
Today I bought some day old chicks. I have 5 different breeds, and 2 of them I have not heard of before. One of them the shop salesman said was a "Feathered Kookamaran" but I can't find that listed anywhere, though I do see "Maran" listed as a breed. Anyone have any idea what a feathered Kookamaran is? The Feathered he said refers to the fact that their legs have feathers on them, which they do, even as day-olds!!

Also, he said I had two "Polish Crested Bantams". The ones I got are light yellow chicks which I think means they will be white when adult. I haven't been able to find any photos of white polish crested bantams...can anyone direct me to such?

ramirezframing

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 2, 2011
Knee Deep
polish come in bantams and large fowl. light yellow could mean white or buff. Do these have 5 toes and feathered legs? if so they are sultans. The others are cuckoo marans with feathered legs.

donrae

Hopelessly Addicted
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Jun 18, 2010
Southern Oregon
I agree on the cuckoo marans. Cuckoo is the coloring, the black and white. Marans is the breed, they come in different colors. They can have feathered legs or not, but I think it's preferable they do.

fiddleblue

Songster
10 Years
Jul 19, 2009
THanks for the links and the help! I now understand better what chickens I bought! I love the dark brown Maran eggs!!!

hdowden

Crowing
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
louisiana
marans always ends in an s no matter if its one bird or more
wink.png

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom