What is a reasonable fertility rate to expect with purchased hatching eggs?

Eggtopsy report:

Nine out of 22 eggs had enough development in them to warrant leaving them in the incubator.

Of the remaining 13, all but two were a yellow, slimy mess. I guess this is what you call scrabbled? (Or scrambled?). A couple of those were kind of reddish but most were just yellow. I know that a few (three maybe?) had visible blood rings before I cracked them.

One had an intact yolk but I couldn't tell if it was fertile or not.

And the last one had a partially developed embryo - I guess just too small for me to notice when candling. Maybe it was one of the dark, porous eggs.

Eggtopsy report:

Nine out of 22 eggs had enough development in them to warrant leaving them in the incubator.

Of the remaining 13, all but two were a yellow, slimy mess. I guess this is what you call scrabbled? (Or scrambled?). A couple of those were kind of reddish but most were just yellow. I know that a few (three maybe?) had visible blood rings before I cracked them.

One had an intact yolk but I couldn't tell if it was fertile or not.

And the last one had a partially developed embryo - I guess just too small for me to notice when candling. Maybe it was one of the dark, porous eggs.

Thats what I get for posting late night.... scrambled.. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom