What is a Rhod Island Red & Rhode Island White cross called?

I have one hen. She was mistaken as a Buff Orpington. When she grew red feathers, I knew there was a mistake made. One hatchery calls them a Cinnamon Queen. Since I am raising BO, she is in with my rooster. So far I've gotten two chicks from that breeding.

Has anyone done a RIW rooster with RIR hen? Also, what do you mean by red over silver?

What is a Rhod Island Red & Rhode Island White cross called?
The Rhode Island White & Red

The Rhode Island White and Rhode Island Reds are, however, used to create hybrid breeds such as the ISA Brown, when mixed together and or with other chicken breeds. The crossing of the Rhode Island White with the Rhode Island Red also makes “Red Sex-Link” chicks. This means that the hatchlings can be sexed by their color when they hatch. The female chicks are born red in color and the male chicks born white in color.

The Rhode Island White & Red

The Rhode Island White and Rhode Island Reds are, however, used to create hybrid breeds such as the ISA Brown, when mixed together and or with other chicken breeds. The crossing of the Rhode Island White with the Rhode Island Red also makes “Red Sex-Link” chicks. This means that the hatchlings can be sexed by their color when they hatch. The female chicks are born red in color and the male chicks born white in color.
Informative, but the thread is 10 years old, my friend.

Back
Top Bottom