What is a Turkey good for?

Silkiehen

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 15, 2014
I am thinking about getting a Tom, what are Turkeys good for? do they keep hawks and snakes away?

My Bourbon Red tom is not good for a darned thing except for showing the ladies how beautiful he is. He wanders around the yard strutting non stop all. day. long. He doesn't chase ANYTHING! He leaves that to the girls. I'm sure that's not true of all toms, but it is here. That said, I adore Marvin and don't mind that he's a bum.
roll.png

Edit: I really should have mentioned that he is also good for making babies. I got a nice hatch last year. :
wink.png

Last edited:
My Bourbon Red tom is not good for a darned thing except for showing the ladies how beautiful he is. He wanders around the yard strutting non stop all. day. long. He doesn't chase ANYTHING! He leaves that to the girls. I'm sure that's not true of all toms, but it is here. That said, I adore Marvin and don't mind that he's a bum.
roll.png

Edit: I really should have mentioned that he is also good for making babies. I got a nice hatch last year. :
wink.png
LOL and here I thought it was just our boy... Tom the Turkey sounds just like your Marvin... He will strut for a blue Jay if the Jay sticks around long enough
big_smile.png
But he is a pretty boy and seeing as how I have two pips this morning and to date not one unfertile egg I would say he is also good for making babies
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom