what is diet good for recovering caged rooster

clydebarrow

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 7, 2014
my rooster is recovering nicely from wounds from dog attack. He however is refusing almost all grains he used to eat. He was really enjoying free range just recently. I really think he wants to forage but it's not safe yet, he still needs a clean environment and safety of the cage. His favorite treats are tomatoes, watermelon and cantalope, and at this time that is ALL he will eat. It is also the Only time he gets up on his feet is when those foods are offered, He is taking water well when he is up. Question can he starve by just eating fruits? or has he became a vegetarian. Or is he manipulating me because he knows i will give him anything he wants right now? lol His poop is large and mod firm with no problems. Question are there enough nutrients in just fruits?

he's refusing flock raiser and scratch w seed, do u mix it barely wetted or like a more soupy consistency? i will try the scrambled egg, he seems to be wanting wet soft food and i didnt know what human foods are no-nos unless hes abcessed internally the wounds look pretty clean still disinfecting them and neosporin.

Back
Top Bottom