What is going on with Little Feather?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Omah09, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Omah09

Omah09 Out Of The Brooder

I'm optimistic that I have 3 EE pullets but what about Little Feather? S/he is late to feather and the feathers are goofy. S/he's 11 weeks old and spunky and gets along well with the other 3 chickens but is still the smallest.

Those goofy feathers sticking out are only on one side. She flies as good as the rest of the flock. Also there a some tail feathers that are curling. Should I just be patient or is there something wrong?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    That's strange. It doesn't look like a pecking issue, so I'm not sure. [​IMG]

3. Time-Out

Time-Out Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    The Peak District, UK
    Could her feathers be comin gout in a different order? So the ones that normally pin those down could just be running late?

4. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    Wow! She's beautiful! I am just guessing here, but I think she's probably an EE made by crossing an Araucana with other things instead of the more common Ameraucana. So she's rumpless. [​IMG]

5. Omah09

But what's with her goofy feathering? Has anyone seen anything like this before?

6. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Do chickens get Angel Wing? Because that's what it looks like to me. But I didn't know chickens could get it.

7. Omah09

I searched BYC about angel wing and it doesn't seem like chickens get it. Her tail feathers are curling too.

8. stellacat

stellacat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    could she be rumpless? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by