What is her breed?

Casper101Popcor

Chirping
Apr 13, 2015
CA, always with my chickens!
Okay so about a month ago, I posted a same question about my Dominique chick. She is 7 weeks, or just say two months if you would like to. Before, she was normal. But now, she was really cute feathery cheeks, and she's slowly getting her white stripes. Is this normal. She and a rose comb and it isn't yellow, so I was thinking Dominique. Any thoughts?

Sorry I don't have pictures right now, but I will get them soon. Hopefully I described her well.

I'm sorry if the pictures are bad, she moves her head so much!:p

I agree, looks like a barred EE to me. Their personality depends on which breeds were used to create them I am guessing, since I have had so many different personalities with EEs. Some are flighty, others very friendly and calm. They are good with cold weather due to their combs. Hot...well it doesn't stay hot here much but they are OK. No panting like the Buff Orpingtons.

I would not consider them aggressive. I have had an aggressive rooster though.

Mine have always been good layers.

So she could be a barred Easter egger! Now I have some questions:
Okay, are they good layers?
Are they good with cold and hot weather?
Annnddd, are they kind and not too agressive?

I agree Easter egger, but was wondering if she could be an olive egger?
I love my EE's. They lay well and are very cold hardy, plus we have never had any problems with them in our hot humid weather. They're friendly and some of them have interesting quirky personalities.

Back
Top Bottom