What is it and where can I find it?

griffinkid02

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 5, 2011
I was read and researching guineas because I want to add a BUNCH to my poultry epidemic next year and I came across THIS picture:

All I can say is OMG! That is one beautiful bird. I love colorful animals and that blue is outstanding. But I haven't been able to establish beyond doubt what KIND of guinea it is, except vulturine. Can anyone help me? And find out where I can GET some? lol.

That is a Vulturine Guinea Fowl. Rare and very expensive, and they need supplemental heating during cold weather. Spectrum Ranch was selling Hybrids a while back, much cheaper... here's the thread, maybe they can hook you up. There's also a few other threads on Vulturines, do a forum search, it will pull up all the threads for you.

Guineas of a different color- Vulturine Hybrids!

Yeah.... I was researching. Dang it. There is NO WAY I would shell out that kind of dough for them, not go to that much trouble for keeping them, although the heat might not be a problem here in Alabama. Especially in my "Greenhouse-Coop" lol. But still. Pity those bright colors can't be found in the helmeted guineas without breeding a sterile hybrid. *le sigh*

I had seen the name "vulturine" But since guineas are divided up into colors instead of breeds, like chickens are, I wasn't sure if there was more than one type of vulturine. But from I'm seeing, there isn't so question answered I guess.

Yeah.... I was researching. Dang it. There is NO WAY I would shell out that kind of dough for them, not go to that much trouble for keeping them, although the heat might not be a problem here in Alabama. Especially in my "Greenhouse-Coop" lol. But still. Pity those bright colors can't be found in the helmeted guineas without breeding a sterile hybrid. *le sigh*

I looked into these last year, and came to the same conclusion you did. But I do think they are beautiful!

I wish I could have some of them...
droolin.gif
love.gif

They are especially colorful almost like a tuxedo with a bright blue cummerbund. LOL That is one hefty price tag so I'll just try chocolate and blue next time. Although I am pretty partial to things black and white.

Back
Top Bottom