what is lockdown??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

mbnewby

Songster
9 Years
May 14, 2010
every time i hear of lockdown it makes me cringe and think of prison and bad people in lock down what is it and why is it importan

Quote:
Haha, yepperz!
smile.png

For the last days of incubating eggs, you raise the humidity with the incubator, stop turning the eggs, and do not open it until the chicks have all hatched. Day 18, lockdown starts. 21 days is the average incubation period for chicken eggs.

Last edited:
wow i have been doing it all wrong then good thing my incubator keeps good temp and humidity quickley recovers here i thought all this time people where running some sort of a prison dew the new born chicks get parole?

Last edited:
I set multiple batches in my incubator at different times. So does that affect hatch ability? I dont turn them or anything i just turn the ones that need to be turned.

I don't like or use the term myself. I just say the last three days or I say IBW (Intense Bator Watch), but someone said it sounded like an intestinal ailment, LOL. I don't keep the bator necessarily tightly closed the last three days, either, not if I have to add water.

Quote:
I'm glad you asked this question
I don't have enough hens to set them all at the same time, so I would be doing separate batches too
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread

Back
Top Bottom