What is she?

Pics
Salmon faveralla hen
I I know girls have the brown feathers as chicks the boys have the black/grey at about a week old because of her astrolorpe side she wet from yellow to brown to this dark with brown tips her sister is all black
Why do you think he is female?
It’s a mutt. There is no Sexlinking, and even if there was this would still be a rooster. It has male saddle feathers, a male pattern, a male comb, a male tail…I could go on.
Please, post pics when he starts crowing!

Why do you think he is female?
It’s a mutt. There is no Sexlinking, and even if there was this would still be a rooster. It has male saddle feathers, a male pattern, a male comb, a male tail…I could go on.
Please, post pics when he starts crowing!
They rooter is currently rooing her she gets in the nest box makes little nests no egg yet but right around the corner 5 months shouldn't be too much longer

@whitewolf1871341 i have a lot of boys so I see many different things that cockerels and/or roosters do. The boys will go in the nest box and get it just right for the hens and/or pullets. It's just one of the things they do to get on the girls good graces, in hopes of building up their flock. Boys will sit in or kick around in the nest boxes to make sure it's safe for girls to lay and to show the girls where to lay. I'm excited to see how this turns out but my trusted sexpert has chimed in and I trust her 100%

I'll be the dissenting voice in the canticle, but I actually think it is a pullet. Salmon Faverolle cockerels tend to have a much larger comb by five months. That being said, the bird is mixed, so stop saying it's a Salmon Faverolle. That's like saying I'm German because my great grandparents immigrated to the US from there. I have German ancestors just like she has Salmon Faverolle ancestors. Other than the off color, which results from the Black Australorps extended black genes, I don't see a think to indicate cockerel. Poor quality Salmon Faverolle pullets often have those weird tails.

I could be wrong, but I so hope you update us. At five months a cockerel should be crowing. My Salmon Faverolle boys always developed early. Going into autumn she might not start laying at six months, but one can hope.

I'll be the dissenting voice in the canticle, but I actually think it is a pullet. Salmon Faverolle cockerels tend to have a much larger comb by five months. That being said, the bird is mixed, so stop saying it's a Salmon Faverolle. That's like saying I'm German because my great grandparents immigrated to the US from there. I have German ancestors just like she has Salmon Faverolle ancestors. Other than the off color, which results from the Black Australorps extended black genes, I don't see a think to indicate cockerel. Poor quality Salmon Faverolle pullets often have those weird tails.

I could be wrong, but I so hope you update us. At five months a cockerel should be crowing. My Salmon Faverolle boys always developed early. Going into autumn she might not start laying at six months, but one can hope.
Thank you for your comment I agree My rooster astrolorpe half/SF well and all my others they all started crowing right around 8 to 12 weeks which is another reason that and she's a petite little thing My roosters are always much bigger at that age her dad was massive by 5months old and his father which was the australope also was very large and crowing way before 5 months but it will be fun to see fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom