What is she?

Most birds with FTT either need special nutrition and care when young or just die as time passes. She would be a special case - being large and healthy and grown-up for an FTT case, as small as she may be in comparison to her flockmates.
I assume the Cochins are bantams - got any large fowl chickens to compare her to?
Yes my Rhode island reds are huge compared to her. She's maybe 1/3 their size. She struggled when I first got her, but has been eating and drinking fine since. Maybe I need to give her something else?

Oh! Gotcha. She was pretty sad looking when I first got her. Just wanted her out of the small enclosure she was in. She struggled a bit but she's been eating and drinking fine now. Is there something I should give her just in case?
It’s mostly a genetics thing. Typically young birds with FTT don’t really eat, don’t grow feathers like they should, don’t put on weight….but here she is, pretty grown up. So it’s hard to tell if she ever was even affected, or whether she’s just small and underdeveloped.

Yes my Rhode island reds are huge compared to her. She's maybe 1/3 their size. She struggled when I first got her, but has been eating and drinking fine since. Maybe I need to give her something else?
Huh….weird. She never struck me as a bantam.
Extra nutrition wouldn’t hurt. Scrambled Eggs are great for chicken nutrition. (Weird, I know!)

Huh….weird. She never struck me as a bantam.
Extra nutrition wouldn’t hurt. Scrambled Eggs are great for chicken nutrition. (Weird, I know!)
She's the same size as my Cochin in the picture above. Got them all from the same place on the same day. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I'll definitely bring her in and give her extra attention. Thanks so much. I appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom