1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What IS she?!?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by equinehugger3, Oct 29, 2010.

1. equinehugger3

equinehugger3 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2010
    Soooo, last March my little eggs hatched. [​IMG] Only three of them hatched, but I got one roo and two hens. We got them from one of my mom's coworkers, so it's possible they could be mixes. But here she is:

Sorry there's not any better pictures...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks, from me and Yanna [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  2. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    Sorry I can;t help you but wanted to say - I love the first pic!!!!!!
    It looks so wonderfully dreamy out of focus like that. - It is a better pic than you think and that adds to it!!!!!! She looks fantastic !!!!!!

Oesdog - [​IMG]

3. equinehugger3

Apr 14, 2010
    Quote:Thanks! I blurred it because my other hen was in the background. She IS very pretty... her feathers are greenish in the sun, and it's very pretty. [​IMG] On top of that, she's really friendly... lol, my little brothers like to carry them around the yard and feed them spaghetti. [​IMG] I don't really care what breed she is, I was just curious...

4. equinehugger3

Apr 14, 2010
    BTW: I used to think she was a Jersey Black, but she's just not growing anymore, so I guess not! She also looks a lot like an Australorp, too...

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Looks like an Australorp to me.

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Ummm. . .. She's certainly not an Australorp.

She has a walnut comb. Do you have any rose combed or pea combed hens/roosters around? Also, her body is almost gamey looking. . .

She's a crossbreed though, I'll tell you that so far.

7. chknmama

chknmama Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2010
    Sacramento
    If she has the green iridescence to her feathers she is probably an australorp.

8. equinehugger3

Apr 14, 2010
    and AGIAN: forgot to mention she hatched from a green/tinted egg. Haha, she's such a weirdo. I love her [​IMG]

9. Mrs. Feathers

Mrs. Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    I think she looks like an Australorp cross but no idea with what...she has the look about her head but that comb is not Australorp. She is pretty.

10. lothefarmer

lothefarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    CA
    the iridescent feathers does not mean she is necessarily an australorp.. i think she is a cross as well. if she came from a green egg, maybe she's an ee with no muffs?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by