What is the best “guard” bird

From the list of predators (per Wikipedia) in Nigeria, I'm not sure any type of bird stands a chance, as a guard. I'm not sure a dog would be more than an alarm system. I believe I'd need several dogs there.

Can you talk her into staying in the UK? It seems safer.
She is from Nigeria originally, that is her home, I wouldn’t want her to go, but she needs to find peace and happiness for herself, she has devoted her life to family, she has been amazing, so all I can do is look out for her x

It depends on what she needs guarding, and what she needs guarding from. A good dog and a shot gun beats everything.
Amen!

This works well for me- Luna aka Murder Dog and her "challenged" sidekick Beagle Bailey have alerted me to 3 coyotes, innumerable raccoons and skunks, and a half dozen neighborhood dogs coming within sight of our house. We live out in the county on nearly 20 acres and all the other homesteads nearby are much larger. The coyotes, raccoons and skunks were dispatched. The dogs were driven off, sometimes by angry shouts and sometimes by warning gunshots.

The dogs also alert to ANY car or foot traffic so my wife, son or I can "prepare" for visitors.

Amen!

This works well for me- Luna aka Murder Dog and her "challenged" sidekick Beagle Bailey have alerted me to 3 coyotes, innumerable raccoons and skunks, and a half dozen neighborhood dogs coming within sight of our house. We live out in the county on nearly 20 acres and all the other homesteads nearby are much larger. The coyotes, raccoons and skunks were dispatched. The dogs were driven off, sometimes by angry shouts and sometimes by warning gunshots.

The dogs also alert to ANY car or foot traffic so my wife, son or I can "prepare" for visitors.
Well, there is always the possiblity (don't know what the threat is) that if it's a who, they may turn up with AK47's and RPGs from what little I know of Nigeria.
I can't see a dog and shotgun sorting that out to be frank.

Back
Top Bottom