what is the best hatchery to order from?

What is Mcmurrays chick minimum? I can't order more than 10 chicks (sadly)
hit.gif

McMurray's minimum chick order is 25. Meyer's minimum is 15 from January to March and 3 from April to December. The only other one I know about is Ideal and they have a $25 minimum price per order so depending on the cost of the breed you pick you could get 10 or less.

I've had great luck from Murry McMurry and while I've not ordered a lot of hatchery chicks I have been using them since the days of ordering from their catalog instead of using the internet to place an order.

I've never gotten a dead chicken on arrival and good survival rates on the growing chicks. And they usually throw in an extra or two (plus that wonderful mystery chick) in case of mishap.

I've already placed an order for spring turkeys next year :)

I have always ordered from McMurray Hatchery and I have only lost one every time that I have ordered. I will try other hatcheries as well, but they are really good shipping the chicks and I have gotten 100% correct on the sexing...I even got a rare chick with the order and it turned out to be a rooster so I got 25 hens and 1 rooster so that is good odds to me...

I have ordered from efowl and Ideal. My Ideal birds I have really been happy with. I got ducks and geese from Metzers. All three places were great but prefer Ideal and Metzers. I have thought about meyer for future.

i placed my order from mcmurray last night for late march early april delivery hope all goes well im a newbie and first time ordering will let you know how it goes

Back
Top Bottom