What is the best type of incubator?

so, i'm a newbie so take all of this with a grain of salt . . .

i currently have two bators running.
one is the r-com pro 20 which will set you back about six hundred dollars.

the other is a LG 9200 still air with egg turner which was about one hundred and forty bucks all together at my local feed store.

in terms of "idiot proof" the r-com is great. it holds the temp and humidity very well and it turns the eggs with no issues. everything is digital so you can set things with the digital control buttons on the front of it - no tweaking of little knobs and such.

the LG has been difficult for me to keep steady. it's a lot harder to regulate.

however, i've candled and i DO have viable eggs in both bators.
we'll see what happens when pip time comes.

that's my experience so far . . .
hope that helps.

I think I will be getting the turbofan hovabator with an egg turner... Total of $144. $140 if I buy the fan and the incubator seperately, but I am willing to pay the extra $4. I looked at the R-com (the only one I would really consider is the 20 egg one) and it is like $400.

Last edited:
I wont be hatching that much. 2 dozen at a time at most. Thanks for the suggestion though. So it has an incubator.... And a hatcher? Interesting. It would be worth the extra $100 just for that, but I already have another incubator that I made myself, which is pretty steady at 101-103 degrees. The only reason I am looking at incubators is to have an egg turner!!

Back
Top Bottom