What is the biggest/heaviest egg your chicken has ever laid?....

I hardly ever weigh eggs before they get sold (they go like hotcakes, and I've got almost 2 to 3 dozen a day). But I did once and I think the biggest was 71g. I have a BR that is 4 years old and gives me at least 4-5 eggs a week and hers are always the biggest. She's my good little Lullabelle.
love.gif
I'm pretty sure she's who laid that one. I weighed a couple dozen once and I was shocked that technically most of my eggs are mediums. I would have thought they'd qualify as large, but whatever, as long as I get eggs I'm okay with it.
cool.png

LOL, egg seller huh --- cool, I'm hoping we'll be getting more daily -- once our 5 lil golden laced wynadottes start laying

I love the double yokers! I blew out the inside of one that I had 2 and I still have it! You start to wonder how those things fit out those fuzzy little bottoms of theirs!

I love the double yokers! I blew out the inside of one that I had 2 and I still have it! You start to wonder how those things fit out those fuzzy little bottoms of theirs!

No kidding, Whitey is our smallest chicken, I can grab her in 1 hand & my hand's small, yet she lays the biggest eggs - usually & the only 1 to lay dbl yolkers

My leghorn, Pearl does the same thing and it always amazes me! She is so small, almost scrawny and
she lays everyday since she was 16 weeks old. She's a good girl and I wish some of my other chickens would
take a book out of her page.
lol.png

When we had Black Sex Link she'd lay a double yolk quite frequently. Actually most of our hatchery birds did their pullet year. My largest scale goes to 100 grams and has bottomed out. The production reds that we still have layed single yolk eggs in the 80+ gram range as hens. Oddly now that we've moved to heritage birds we rarely, if ever, get double yolk.

When we had Black Sex Link she'd lay a double yolk quite frequently. Actually most of our hatchery birds did their pullet year. My largest scale goes to 100 grams and has bottomed out. The production reds that we still have layed single yolk eggs in the 80+ gram range as hens. Oddly now that we've moved to heritage birds we rarely, if ever, get double yolk.

Yea my RIR have never laid a dbl yolker...but leghorn is pretty decent at it, my RIR did lay her biggest though yesterday was 2.6 oz & thats about 74g

We got this egg from our BR and it never occurred to me to weigh it, I was just overwhelmed by the size of it. It was a double yolker (only one we've gotten but my hens have only been laying for a month)

Back
Top Bottom