What is the cuddliest chicken breed?

I just lost my most cuddliest to a fox. She was a cross beak that should have been culled. She would have been 3 years old next month and loved to be held and cuddled. RIP. It's hard to write this because the fox came during the day and she was out and was snatched. Right now I don't want another because I got too close to her. Here she is after she got into my hubby's lap.
IMG_20180623_171515.jpg

I just lost my most cuddliest to a fox. She was a cross beak that should have been culled. She would have been 3 years old next month and loved to be held and cuddled. RIP. It's hard to write this because the fox came during the day and she was out and was snatched. Right now I don't want another because I got too close to her. Here she is after she got into my hubby's lap.
View attachment 1672249
:hit

This is the third bird in a month I lost so now I'm after the fox. Gladys was special. The first time somehow it got a gate opened to one of the coop pens and killed two birds. The next morning when I went out the gate had been messed with again. I have a small piece of wire wired to the gate post on the inside of the gate and when I went out I could tell something had messed with the gate because the wire was now on the outside of the gate. It would take quite a bit of force to get the gate pushed past the wire. This time I had the gate wired shut so nothing was going to open it. I never found the bodies but did find piles of feathers. This last one just happened Monday so I'm still grieving. It's hard to look out at her special coop and she isn't there, or to watch her funny little run to us when we called her. When she was out she stayed close. I have a trap set out since the fox has been lurking around. It didn't touch the trap so I put some more chicken scent around and in the trap with a nice piece of chicken from some males we had processed. I know it's natural for a fox to kill but it is still hard to deal with when they kill my birds.

View attachment 1672249
:love

View attachment 1672249

:hit

Back
Top Bottom