What is the dosage for fenbendazole?

The horse paste wormer contains 25 grams at 1gram=100mg of fenbendazole. So that sounds like only 25 MOL chicken's worth. Or is my math wrong? (supposing 50 mg/kg dosing)

The horse paste wormer contains 25 grams at 1gram=100mg of fenbendazole.  So that sounds like only 25 MOL chicken's worth.  Or is my math wrong?  (supposing 50 mg/kg dosing)

One 25 gram tube of paste is the same as 25ml of the liquid (one ml of the paste does weigh one gram - yes, I weighed it, lol). So yes, I think your math is correct for 25 4.4 pound chickens.:D

-Kathy

Okay thanks, then that big horse tube won't do all my chickens.  Back to the goat formula!

If you like using paste instead of liquid, they do make a larger one for horses and one for cows (both are in the 57-60 gram range, i think), but the liquid is the least expensive way to do it. I have many, so I buy the one liter bottle. :D

-Kathy

I have five turkeys. I have 3 hens and 2 toms. How much SafeGuard would I need to give each one? What type would I need to give them? How do you give it? Where is the best and cheapest place to get it?

I have full grown turkeys. Is it safe to give it to them?

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
I have five turkeys. I have 3 hens and 2 toms. How much SafeGuard would I need to give each one? What type would I need to give them? How do you give it? Where is the best and cheapest place to get it?

I have full grown turkeys. Is it safe to give it to them?

Thank you for your help.
What breed are they?

-Kathy

One is a Broad Breasted White hen, I believe we have a male and female Red Bourbon turkeys, and I believe the man we got the last male and female from said that the male might be a Nargasett turkey so I'm assuming the female would be too but I'm not exactly sure what breed they are.

I have no idea what they weigh.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom