What is the gender of this leghorn

aryellec

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2016
Grand Rapids, MI
Approximatly 6 weeks. Was injured a few weeks ago, so not in the best shape. Was supposed to ve a pullet, but looking like a cockerel to me.

aryellec

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2016
Grand Rapids, MI
I have sperated, brought indoors, and have been doing physical therapy with this chicken since it was injured. My puppy got ahold of it. When i got it it could get off of its side and was being stepoed on by others. Now it looses balance on occassion, but can walk and even run. Therefore, i dont think development is going to ve terribly destroyed. It has come a long way.

aryellec

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2016
Grand Rapids, MI

Are you sure? I always thought 6 weeks was a but early for a pullet to have a red wattle, but im new to this breed
Sorry meant for that reply to go to you

QueenMisha

Queen of the Coop
Jan 14, 2015
Placerville, California, USA

Are you sure? I always thought 6 weeks was a but early for a pullet to have a red wattle, but im new to this breed

Leghorns are very early maturing and even hens have massive combs and wattles. I'd expect a cockerel to have an obvious, fully developed comb and wattles by now. That said, Gray Farms is right - the birds growth could easily have been impeded by the injury.

aryellec

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2016
Grand Rapids, MI
How will i know when this little one is better? I have had it in the house and have been walking it around for a while. Its hard to believe that it wont always have an occassional loss of balance

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom